Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Urgently Needed: Beer Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting. But I live in rural Alabama.... I might not be able to get that kind of service, but I'll check around. It would be nice to not have to deal with all the bottles.

I've done that before.

I've never done beer but cider is very easy to do. There's a tree in my garden, all I do is juice the apples, leave to ferment in a bell jar with an airlock for a month or so, bottle and leave to ferment for another three months or longer. Freshly picked apples have a natural source of yeast on their skin and there's more than enough natural sugar, so there's no need to add anything. It produces fairly sweet and alcoholic cider.

Then you can distil cider to make moonshine or freeze it to make apple jack, I've never done either myself. I've heard all sorts of stories about moonshine in the southern states does anyone here make it or know anyone who does?

I've had some moonshine. It can be pretty good, but it needs to be aged to be palatable. Some drink it right out of the still, and it's pretty nasty at that point. Not many miles from here, an old time moonshiner built a whiskey empire, based on charcoal filtering and mellowing. It's now the best selling whiskey in the world ( Jack Daniels ) I used to love the stuff before medical issues prevented me from having it.

Last edited:
Are you guys aware that each beer contains roughly 5-10% female hormones?

If you doubt this, consume 10-20 beers and get someone to note the results.

It's almost guaranteed that you will be spouting random babble and lose all ability to drive....

;-)

Hows this for an idea.

Modify one of those 12V battery level indicators so that you have say 12 sensors, one for each bottle. Then fit the 12 LED's to the fridge door in a say 4 green (the world will not end tomorrow level), 4 orange (armageddon is looming level) and 4 red (RED alert. panic stations, send the wife to the shops immediately level).

Andrew

Hi Brownout,

nothing is easier than determining when you run out of beer. :)

Having flown 23 years of my life I know that flying high might dry out a pilot - similar to a "low on fuel situation of the aircraft" which is indicated by a red warning light.

Being low on beer your eyes will be the "low level warning lights" turning red if the alcohol/blood ratio becomes mismatched. :D

Just use a colour sensor mounted at your forehead to observe your eye's colour. It will trigger a follow on alarm circuit urging for beer.

Any more problems? :rolleyes:

Regards

Boncuk

The whole purpose is to have an alarm before my blood-alcohol level gets dangerously low. But the "battery level" suggestion gives me an idea. Basically reverse the process. An LED/sensor for each bottle. If the bottles are arranged in a line, then as each gets removed, the corresponding LED/sensor will indicate it's absense. A counter to determine the number of bottles left, and an alarm set to the minimum number. Alternatively, I could just use a summing amplifier, and a scaled input from each sensor, output to a comparator with the reference set to an appropriate level. Think we might be on to something! :)

Last edited:
The whole purpose is to have an alarm before my blood-alcohol level gets dangerously low. But the "battery level" suggestion gives me an idea. Basically reverse the process. An LED/sensor for each bottle. If the bottles are arranged in a line, then as each gets removed, the corresponding LED/sensor will indicate it's absense. A counter to determine the number of bottles left, and an alarm set to the minimum number. Alternatively, I could just use a summing amplifier, and a scaled input from each sensor, output to a comparator with the reference set to an appropriate level. Think we might be on to something! :)

That's what I was trying to say. But the way you say it is more interesting because you can.

Now, you should put something in so that it also will register you as the drinker then count how many you've had to complete a good alcohol level, knowing how many in an hr or total consumption.

In addition to recognizing you it would also only allow you to drink it. Just put a magnetic lock on it and have a PID so if you get to drunk you can't remember the pin you could just swipe it.:)

My apologies if I've failed to understand some of the suggestions. Apparently, I've damaged too many brain cells with beer.

My apologies if I've failed to understand some of the suggestions. Apparently, I've damaged too many brain cells with beer.

No,no I like the idea I need one for my Wine. If you get it going right it will work for my wine rack. It's not cheap and all my kids are of legal drinking age.

It's hell when you want one and can't because of sticky little fingers.

Edit: Gotta go. good luck.

Last edited:
Funny we have opposite tastes, I don't like wine but like beer.

It's not that funny. If you really like beer, nothing else will do ( and visa-versa ) We once took a department bicycle wine tasting tour in Napa Valley. My boss and I strapped cases of beer to our bikes, cause we didn't want to drink any pukey wine LOL!

Last edited:
Funny we have opposite tastes, I don't like wine but like beer.

I like beer but it's to expensive after I start drinking I can't stop. The only thing left is loose it to the sewer. So, I go with spirits or wine now. Of course only at dinner time:)

This BEER ALARM, is the beer in question in its own refridge or same as all the food?
If all by itself then just a counter on the door.
I still like the scale idea. Using an ADC and a digital scale. Add some dip switches so you can input weather you have a 6 12 or 24 lot of beer to keep track of.

It's in with the non-alcohol foods stuffs ( you know, the products that accompany the beer ). I like the scale idea too, and is probably the best way to do it. But that means I have to try to figure out how to build the mechanical parts, and for the purpose of simplicity, I'd rather keep it all electronic if possible.

It's in with the non-alcohol foods stuffs ( you know, the products that accompany the beer ). I like the scale idea too, and is probably the best way to do it. But that means I have to try to figure out how to build the mechanical parts, and for the purpose of simplicity, I'd rather keep it all electronic if possible.

Sensors , sensors. Ya,ya. Build a box with a slant on it and it will allow you to load it like a coke machine:)

Last edited:
If you are going with the LED & sensor idea, have the LED's below the bottles (stacked upright) and the sensors above, so that the bottle cap covers the sensor's field of view. Perhaps some form of sleeve over each sensor would reduce the chance of indirect illumination from adjacent bottles, when a single bottle is removed...

Perhaps sensor outputs could be connected to a R2R network and the voltage displayed via a LM339..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back