Urgently Needed: Beer Alarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

It could just have a lid on it and one of these sensors and every time you lift the lid it sends it to a hex inverter. You could process it from their in a pic or something.

Then you drill you hole from underneath the fridge and put the electronics in the compressor area. Coil up the cable and send it RJ45 to a card on your computer or UART the code and send an e-mail and a txt to your phone

ahem...........(What do you think) :Wink:

Last edited:

Only trouble is....the beer is in there alongside non-essentials. We wouldn't want any false counts from the lid being lifted unneccessarily.. ;-)

Only trouble is....the beer is in there alongside non-essentials. We wouldn't want any false counts from the lid being lifted unneccessarily.. ;-)

Good thinking, so what you have to do is have the mag lock on it. So, you would need an app on your phone. That would allow you to control it through rs232 controller and it would just be an XML gui.

Just the lock code in a GUI Button for quick access. Plus any unwanted drinker will be denied.

Last edited:
RFID authentication & cap-sense on the fridge handle - the legitimate user only has to extend a hand to within 1" of the fridge handle. At this point, the door opens and the coolest beer is indicated by a flashing LED beneath the bottle....

Oh, yeah that's the ticket. KIS

RFID authentication & cap-sense on the fridge handle - the legitimate user only has to extend a hand to within 1" of the fridge handle. At this point, the door opens and the coolest beer is indicated by a flashing LED beneath the bottle....

Perfect. By "George"I think you've got it.

Of course only if "BrownOut" concurs.

Last edited:

Not bad at all. Here in the US we do have:

When the label turns blue the beer is cold. Unfortunately you would have to drink Coors Light (note my earlier comment as to beer preceded by lite or light) which I sort of view as American Puppy Pee when it comes to beer.

Ron

Personally I don't care if beer is warm or cold including my wine. Now, a margarita on the other hand is another story.

You could have something like a "Lazy Susan" brings the coldest beer around to the front.

At that point you just lost a lot of room for food.

Um, how about cutting the cabinets out and putting in a Stainless steel commercial fridge and you could modify it to suit your needs. Dispensing through a door in the front no need to even open it.

That way you can invite your friends over for the Super Bowl or Parties I know my 27 year old and her crowd would think it was the bomb.

Last edited:
Coors used to make a beer called Herman Josephs. Really good beer if youlike dark beer.
As for my favorite good quality beer - look no further than Betrams Brewery here in downtown Salmon. It has won numerious awards at beer contests. My favorite is Sacajewia Stout. Excellent beer for sure. Nade on the premissies.
The digital scale hack IMO is the best idea yet.

Here's a tiny glass RFID capsule. Its from Sparkfun. I would implant it in your arm, maybe between thumb and index finger. That way when you reach for fridge, it's easily sensed...

Click on pics to go to their site...

**broken link removed**

And here's an RFID reader:

**broken link removed**

And the breakout board for it:

**broken link removed**

You can easily interface with the reader with serial and an AVR or PIC. From there all you'll need is the locking (solenoid?) for the fridge, and some simple coding!

Suggestion.

That you keep two of the cans/bottles in a container in the bottom of the fridge.
On the lid of the container put a notice saying: "last two beers".

In the bottom of the container put a note saying:
"Remember two put two beers in here when you re-stock"

This probably involves the minimum of effort or disruption,
and might be effective enough to work.

John

Too simple and actually makes too much sense.

Ron

Considering the bathroom scale hack, I'd say the weighing method is making a comeback. Not that I have room in my fridge for a big scale, but I've always known any system needs to sense the beer in the fridge and those left back in the cabnet ( unfortunately, I do have alot of the non-essentials in compeating for refridgerator space ) So... I'll have to see about hacking a scale. I have to buy one and take it apart before I'll know if it is suffiently non-integrated to be useful. Guess I can always re-assemble it and return it to the store

So, you side line them in a shoot which is a rectangular shaped box tall enough and wide enough for a beer.

Then you make it long enough to go back to the back of the fridge. Make sure you put a refill opening which is a side panel that might be hinged and a twist lock at the top.

This will mount on the wall of the fridge opposite the hinge of the door and on the top shelf.

Take an Ice maker motor assemble it will make a full rotation which is enough to move one beer at a time on a conveyor belt. A lever switch to stop it when it comes forward.

Each time it moves forward it counts one beer after the other. Then reset the counter after each fill, put an alarm on it when the counter reaches the set point.

Did you consult with Rube Goldberg on that one?

Ok, I'm guilty. I guess I can look forward to a Law suit on that one.

Edit: At least you understood what I was talking about.

I'm guilty of also not making myself clear, you proved that wrong on this one.

Last edited:
Place a large coil above the beer shelf and make a tuned (LC) circuit. Drive the circuit with a pulse and measure the resonant frequency. The resonant frequency will vary as the number of bottle tops changes.

Mike.

Place a large coil above the beer shelf and make a tuned (LC) circuit. Drive the circuit with a pulse and measure the resonant frequency. The resonant frequency will vary as the number of bottle tops changes.

Mike.
Makes lots of sense, do you think it'll work well for tin lids?

Suggestion.

On the lid of the container put a notice saying: "last two beers".

John
I barely see any notices while drunken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…