Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB HID class compliant chip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Break open an old USB keyboard or mouse. That may work.

Also give this a read. That may help.

Since you are into this USB thing I suggest start visiting the USB.ORG website. Also see the USB Descriptor too in the link I posted.

Ron

Break open an old USB keyboard or mouse. That may work.

Also give this a read. That may help.

Since you are into this USB thing I suggest start visiting the USB.ORG website. Also see the USB Descriptor too in the link I posted.

Ron

I did, Sir... and it was very informative (thanks again). It helped me get my head around the differences between USB classes... but I was wondering if some of the work involved in communicating with the PC could be done for me. Perhaps leaving me to just code minimum amounts to get what I want?

I appreciate I might be missing the point. Please tell me if I am! There is a lot to take in on the links u gave me...

I was looking at CY7C63001A (which seems to be what I want, no?) but its discontinued :(

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Not my forte unfortunately. I had some interest a few years back but that was about it. Sort of a passing fascination. Hopefully some of the members here have some experience with it or writing drivers for it.

Ron

Viniculum make a USB chipset that supports the HID class, check out their website.

Viniculum make a USB chipset that supports the HID class, check out their website.

From FTDI (FTDI Knowledgebase) website:

Can I make FTDI devices appear as a different device class?

FTDI have defined our own device class, so FTDI devices return a 0 for the bDeviceClass (Vendor class).

The class cannot be configured by the designer.

Our devices do not return the correct USB device descriptors to be USB HID class or USB Mass Storage class. It may be possible to write a filter driver that will make our chip appear to be a HID or mass storage class device, but to do this would involve a lot of work.

:confused:

Last edited:
beakie, this is proof that knowledge databases fail utterly sometimes. Just because it's not in there or something contradictory is found doesn't mean it's the absolute truth.
I think Viniculum is a FTDI acquisition and the products and information aren't fully integrated yet.

Precompiled Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back