Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using a PC link to ya ADC to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowkb

Anyone can think of a way to test an adc by using a PC link, ie. either serial or parallel port and send the data and control the clocking using ya PC?

lowkb said:
Anyone can think of a way to test an adc by using a PC link, ie. either serial or parallel port and send the data and control the clocking using ya PC?

Yes, it's done all the time, you don't mention what sort of ADC you're talking about?, but there are various examples on the Internet.

You might also consider using a PIC with an internal ADC, these are very easy to interface via a serial port, and cost less than many ADC's.

Oh i see.... Actually im using an 8 bit serial output. as i was doing testing by using a manual control the chip select, thats why it now shd be upgrade to the testing process.

Thanks though for ya suggestion, i'll search ard for examples on the net. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back