Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using diodes & resistors, instead 4066B

Status
Not open for further replies.

kchriste

Forum Supporter
Why can't you do something like this?

Attachments

• synth.GIF
    synth.GIF
    10.4 KB · Views: 262
That looks OK to me. If A,B and C are logic level inputs, you will need pull down resistors to ground so they are +5 and 0 volts instead of +5 and open. You may also need switch debouncing as well.

Sorry, I got it wrong! After re-thinking my circuit I now got it right (I think):
Q: Is this simple circuit OK or do I have to use AND gates?
Normally both, Minor & 7th outputs should be earthed out, so that pressing accordion C-Button sends +5V only to C output. If then I want MINOR, I open SW Minor and a# tune is added (visa-versa with 7th)
So, this circuit is repeated for the whole octave (12 times):
**broken link removed**

The outputs go to 4066B (quadSW) gates; i.e. there only small currents.
This circuitry I only used to switch Live-Styler (YamahaStyles) accompaniment software, because I want to connect 120 accordion pentagonic buttons (from an old Fafisa electronic accordion) to my Synth.
Normally, the software works in the lowest octave of a Synth; requiring to additionally momentarily press the next black key to its left to obtain MINOR or the next white key to its left to obtain 7th accompaniment.
I don't know the resistor values. I want the resistance to be large enough values so as not to load the +5 PS. I guess it's impossible to predict, because all depends on the exact current. Maybe I have to just build a test module two 2-5K Pot's and then reduce its resistance until it works safely...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back