Vellamen PPS10 Oscilloscope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceOfHearts

Does anyone own or have used a Vellaman PPS10 Oscilloscope?

If so, could you kindly share your experience of the device here?

I am looking to use it for general purposes like check signal period, time delay etc.

Many thanks.

I have the 5-MHz version of that scope. Got it about 8 or 9 years ago. It was good for what it is designed. It is not a storage scope per se, but you can get single triggers and hold the screen for a short period. Of course, it is single channel and has a limited bandpass. The 10MHz is a little better in that respect. I haven't used it since I got a better scope (TDS210).
John

Thanks jpanhalt.

What is the memory feature? Is it when it stores the signal that occured over a time interval and can view it for analysis?

AceOfHearts said:
Thanks jpanhalt.

What is the memory feature? Is it when it stores the signal that occured over a time interval and can view it for analysis?

I assume you are referring to the HOLD feature as memory on the Velleman, not the memory function on the TDS210. The HOLD simply keeps the last sweep on screen. Once you get another sweep, it is lost. It is memory in that sense, but it cannot be used to recall a previous trace to compare to a new trace. At least, I don't know how to recover it. John

Thanks for that John.

I bumped into this interesting oscilloscope. It looks like it is packed with good features and at a sensible price too:

OWON PDS5022s 25MHz Colour Digital Storage Oscilloscope

**broken link removed**

Im in the UK, on www.ebay.co.uk it is going for around £215 including P&P.

This looks like a better option. Right now, I have a UNI-T UT60E Multimeter that has stopped working after about 4 months of use. So I want to be sure this oscilloscope is reliable and lasts long...particularly as I think it has a US warranty.

Thanks.

It's hard to tell what you will get on ebay. The specs look better than the Velleman. I happened to get my TDS210 off ebay, a seller with a good reputation, it was essentially new, and has worked flawlessly.

I would sell you my Velleman, but shipping back and forth for casual users is a nightmare. I recently got some small machine parts from the UK off your ebay. They were shipped by Parcel Force (over $100 USD for about 6 KGs), tracking number, etc., but still got lost -- probably in US customs. That was 6 months ago, no refunds, nothing. Never again. John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…