Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Very Simple Project Ideas Required :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElKosiri

Hello Everyone ..
i am studying logic circuits in my college in Egypt and i am required to make a simple project using what we learned which is AND,OR and XOR gates on base board ..

please give me some simple yet creative ideas for a project ..

Thanks in advance :)

do you just want to make only with Gates?????

Build a circuit that takes in two quadrature encoder signals and translates them to "direction" and "clock" signals. Then add a counter to show "wheel position".

1. An 8-bit full adder with carry in and carry out.

2. A 2 bit by 2 bit multiplier.

3. A 4 bit counter with JK flip flops made from discrete gates.

Allen

do you just want to make only with Gates?????
yes something pretty simple because all i learned is some simple gates and full adder

Build a circuit that takes in two quadrature encoder signals and translates them to "direction" and "clock" signals. Then add a counter to show "wheel position".
i didnt understand a word :D

1. An 8-bit full adder with carry in and carry out.

2. A 2 bit by 2 bit multiplier.

3. A 4 bit counter with JK flip flops made from discrete gates.

Allen
these are technical stuff i would like something that even normal people would understand like a timer or something

Not sure what else to explain. You need a fast counter (faster than the eye 100Hz+) and a stop button where the counter output drives LEDs in a dice shape.
It's a couple of ICs and if I explain more, you will learn nothing which defeats the point of learning.

i really have 0 knowledge in this all we were tought is how to use
7400 2-input NAND
7402 2-input NOR
7486 2-input XOR

and bread board to solve some stuff and make the led light ...
but i really have no idea what to buy and what to do to make that dice

yes something pretty simple because all i learned is some simple gates and full adder
you can use 7400 for primarily alarm system in bread board ...
hope you have some basic knowledge of resistor and transistor, LED, Buzzer?????

you can use 7400 for primarily alarm system in bread board ...
hope you have some basic knowledge of resistor and transistor, LED, Buzzer?????

no i dont .. like i said all we used in the lab are AND , OR , XOR gates on the board using NAND ICs and wires and batteries so its pretty basic stuff ..

no i dont .. like i said all we used in the lab are AND , OR , XOR gates on the board using NAND ICs and wires and batteries so its pretty basic stuff ..

You are learning digital without learning analog!!!!!!:confused::confused::confused: It is very surprising to me.

if you really want to do something I think first get some idea about analog electronics and then go ahead.

Electricity
Voltage
Current
Resistor
Capacitor
Diode.... etc.

AND , OR , XOR gates on the board using NAND ICs and wires and batteries so its pretty basic stuff ..
what you exactly do. if you elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back