Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VFDs & LEDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

Application of VFDs over LEDs;
On what way is it advantageous over LEDs in 7 segment displays?
I've heard VFDs consume more power...
VFD: Vacuum Fluorescent Displays
:eek:

VFD's have used in a variety of consumer electronics before. I've seen a SHARP calculator that has an excellent vfd display. Nowadays they're not popular because OLED's are emerging in small display applications that doesn't require that much power consumption.

Still china DVD players are available that use this display. VFD technology has evolved much than earlier. I feel they look better than LCD/LED/OLED segments in that particular application because of the bright and sharp output that's viewable from a long distance.

However, battery powered VFD calculator is a mystery...:), I don't know how long they survived. They're vintage calculators now.

Nice reading:
Calculator Displays

.............VFD's h.................s evolved much than earlier. I feel they look better than LCD/LED/OLED segments in that particular application because of the bright and sharp output that's viewable from a long distance.............................

so it means VFD's doesnt have much of application in nowadays...
Are LED TV's made of OLED's?

@arunb
i had gone into it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back