Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vmax(cos2pi F t + sin2pi F t)....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.power

Hi guys,

Sorry but Can you guys help me out for the waveform of the following:

Vmax(cos2pi F t + sin2pi F t)
and:
Vmax(cos2pi F t - sin2pi F t)

Suppose that "Vmax" is 2V or something so, and "F" is 100KHz or so...

Thanks a bunch:eek:

P.s. What is the difference and what will happen If I use one of them as a replacement for a signal like "Vmax (cos2pi F t)" or a signal like "Vmax(sin2pi F t)"?

Last edited:
I myself think that the cos wave and the sine wave would be added (subtracted) in magnitude to each other while they are summed (subtracted). Am I right? If so how much of difference I would;d expect in comparison to a signal like "Vmax (cos2pi F t)" or a signal like "Vmax(sin2pi F t)"?

To be honnest, I am built a SSB modulator using PHASING method. The below picture shows the output result (LSB formula and USB formula). As I wanted to have the carrier at the output too then I decided to add a DC offset to the input so that I could simply have a carrier in the output. But you can simply conclude that adding a DC offset will yeald to have a carrier with the formulas of:
and:

which the first formula is for whiles that we have LSB and the second one is for whiles which we have USB...
For instance suppose that I want to have USB with the carrier, By adding a Dc ofset to the input the USB output signal would be as follows:

Em cos (Wm +Wc)t + Vmax(cos2pi F t - sin2pi F t)

I myself guess that the formula should be:
Em cos (Wm +Wc)t + Vmax(cos2pi F t)
or like this:
Em cos (Wm +Wc)t - Vmax( sin2pi F t).

Now I want to see if the said formula having both sin and cosine sammed as carrier is wrong? Or it can simply do what a carrier by having just a sine or just a cosine does???!!!

Thanks a bunch

Attachments

• img006.jpg
    img006.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 132
dr.power,
and:

Tsk, tsk. You should really review your trigonometric identities. I will do the first one, and you can easily do the second one. Using the sum of angles identity sin(A+B) = sin(A)cos(B)+cos(A)*sin(B), we can easily derive sin(ωt)+cos(ωt) = √2*sin(ωt+pi/4) = √2*cos(ωt-pi/4), take your choice.

What is the difference and what will happen If I use one of them as a replacement for a signal like "Vmax (cos2pi F t)" or a signal like "Vmax(sin2pi F t)"?

They will show a pi/4 radian phase shift. and an amplitude increase of √2

Ratch

Last edited:
Thanks Ratch,

So for the LSB we'll get the below as the carrier:

Vc (cos2pi F t + sin2pi F t) = √2*Vc cos(ωt-pi/4)

Now can you guys please let me know if It is possible to use the above formula for the carrier? You know that the carrier normally has the forms of:
"Vc (cos2pi F t)"
or
"Vc (sin2pi F t)

So?...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back