Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage In Binary Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DALEE

Is there a way to build a milli-volt meter that measures low voltages and displays the voltage in binary code form. I want to sample a voltage between +0.0 volts and +2.56 volts aprox., and display the results in binary, using 8 LEDs in a row. Zero volts would be ( 00000000 ) and 2.56 volts would be ( 11111111 ) Eventually to be used to interface a small voltage sourse with the parallel port on my computer. It seams that there should be a IC to do this. Anyone have a solution?

I am presently using a dot/bar driver (LM3914), which gives 10 seperate
codes over the 0 - 2.5 volt voltage range.

example:

up to

ps What is a Tag

Google for LPT ADC and you'll get lots of sites with projects which connect an ADC to the parallel port like this one:
LPTScope hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back