Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage sensing switch design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

E55AMG

To preface, I dont have much knowledge in circuits, but I do have a good mechanical knowledge. Im interested in building a simple switch that can detect the output of my car's throttle position sensor as it rises from .1v or so at closed throttle up to 4.5v or so at full throttle. I'd like to use the switch to energize a relay for the nitrous system, as this would be a better setup that the micro switch that is currently attached to the side of the throttle body.
I know nothing of designing circuits, but if anyone can help I know I can etch a board and solder on the components correctly. Any help is largely appreciated. Thanks,

Jeff

Been discussed before. Here and
here

OK, I found your schematic, but I'm not that experienced with this stuff and dont know what all those values refer to. If I have the parts, I know I can build it, I just need a little assistance with what parts to buy. Thanks again,

Jeff

Assuming we are talking about this schematic, start by down loading a data sheet for an LM339. Note that it contains four voltage comparators; you will only be using one of them.

Note the pin numbers on the data sheet. As a minimum, you need five pins; Vcc-pin3, GND-pin12, In1(+)-pin5, In1(-)-pin4 and OUT1-pin2. You must ground all of the unused inputs (pins 6,7,8,9,10,11) and make no connection to all the unused outputs (pins 1,13,14).

Only other special part is the 8.2V Zener. Any 8.2V Zener will do. Here is a suitable one at DigiKey. You can get all the parts there. Here is a suitable LM339.

What else do you need?

Go to DigiKey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back