Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage X 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need 24V in my car whit 4-5A and i use this circuit for make it but current is very low (about 20ma :mad: ) how can i increase current ?

or any idel for convert 12 to 24 !;)

https://i36.tinypic.com/2a0j7gh.jpg
If you get inside the alternator you have 3Φ AC at high current, with varying freq./voltage.
I did this once and used a step-up transformer to supply higher voltage for a sound system. Never finished it though. I don't know how the xformer will react to the lower freqs. it will sometimes see.
The wires will be subject to vibration so strain-relieve them wherever you can.

Last edited:
Had a rep here this afternoon, and one of his new products was a car adaptor for running laptops, it provided from 15V to 24V at 6A - and the trade price was only £15 or so.

Sounds like a far cheaper way than building one?.

Maplin sell them, they're not the cheapest of places but I'm sure you can save money by shopping around.
**broken link removed**

If you want to go down the DIY route, then Linear Technology, National and Maxim semicondor sell ICs that can step up 12V to 24V.

thanks for ur attention ...

I Must design and run a Electro motor ( Servo 24v and 4A ) in a car and i found MC34063A ( Set-up , Set-down and inverter for voltage ) but the current limited to 1.5 A ! how can i power it to 4A!?

As I said, look at Linear Technology, National and Maxim semicondor websites.

Linear Technology - Linear Home Page
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

A quick from each came up with the following parts:
LM5118
MAX669
LT1680

National's site is good because if you register with them, you can use a wizard that will design the circuit for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back