Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

We need a Forum contest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

We need a kind of contest of any sort. Post some Ideas of what we should do and what the prize is (perhaps some kind of material prize like a gift card or somthing =))

I thought of these:
Solar Racer Contest
Make a small robot using a solar pannel and a solar engine.

Jet Propulsion
Make a crazy car of some kind and mount a Model Rocket to it!

Flying craft/plane
Make a flying vehicle using some kind of pulpulsion source.

PCB art
make a cool design or shape using PCB etching

We need some Ideas and some more stuff!!!

I posted some random piks. That is my Somewhat new desk :)

Attachments

• goofy.gif
    goofy.gif
    78.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_1436.jpg
    100_1436.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 309
  • KRAZYROKET.JPG
    KRAZYROKET.JPG
    19 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
Why don't we start small, and have the first forum contest be the best forum contest suggestion?

To that effect, I'd like to nominate my own suggestion that the first forum contest be the best forum contest suggestion as a potential winner.

I would like to see the heatsink that you use for that huge TIP transistor:eek:

... and who gets to foot the bill for the cost of the prize as well as who's going to be the impartial judge?:confused:

ericgibbs said:
I would like to see the heatsink that you use for that huge TIP transistor:eek:

No, No, No, you have it all wrong.
The TIP is normal size, it is just a very small workbench!

JimB

Seriously, Krumlink, your heart's in the right place, it's just the wrong venue for the type of competition you want, practically speaking. I think you'd find it utimately more rewarding if you participated in those kind of things locally, and work out from there - you know, interface with the real world for a bit.

You've got the initiative and energy to host one yourself. It wouldn't even surprise me to find out that there is some community, state, or even corporate funding, should you get yourself organized.

I agree with Hank. It's a nice idea but unfortunately it would be very hard to organise in practice. You'd need a specific venue in which to host the actual competition, and Electro-Tech-Online members are spread all over the World. It's not practical.

I like the incredibly small model of a workbench. Your attention to detail is fantastic!

Brian

I think we should have a "lets see how much crap we can cram in the smallest workshop space possible" competition.

That is one of my 3 tables! I use that table for soldering and stuff. I use one for drilling and machining. Also use the last table for assorted activities.

picbits said:
I think we should have a "lets see how much crap we can cram in the smallest workshop space possible" competition.

ooohh!! I'm all set to compete in that one!:D

What the Hell???

NO! I mean for breadboarding and catalogue browsing!!! WTF did you get that from???

Come on I am trying to get somthing fun and cool for the forum and I am getting rude, mean, and completely unapropprate feed back. I am trying to do this forum a fun little thing and everybody decides to be a smart ass and post things like this:
picbits said:

If you dont have anything constructive or creative to post, then dont post. Why waste my time and perhaps others when they have to sift through crap like this. It makes me mad when I am trying to do somthing cool, and the only feedback is totally off topic, and completely unapproprate. for example:
Nigel Goodwin said:
Do these 'assorted activites' require a member of the opposite sex?

Am I supposed to see that as positive feedback to a thread about a forum competition? Is anybody going to actually suggest somthing a logical human being could see as a possible competition or activity for the members of this forum and myself? Right now, I feel disrespected, because I am trying to throw a idea out there that would make the forum a bit better and more interactive, and I have people saying rude things! I dont need rudeness and stupidity, I get enough of that from the people that surround me. I hope that you all improve personally, because I don't want this anymore.

You may say: your a Hippocrite!etc etc. I chose to be funny, and somewhat helpful to certain people around this forum. I have helped some and disrespected some. I have created other profiles, yet I have resolved that. Now I am being disrespected over a possible improvement, and I am also getting no positive and legit feedback. Now start being more logical and stop feeding me lines of ****!

Oh, come on, Krumlink.
Everyone here is just having a good time; stop being so uptight.
Really, it's been said before (and nicely worded by Hank), but I'll restate:
Good idea, but not practical since everyone is so spread out around the world and would be pretty hard to co-ordinate.

Plus, if such a contest was started, Nigel would win no-questions-asked (with his Ninja, Kung-Foo, Judo, Martial Arts and beard-growing skills)! There's no competition in that =(.
-Omar
Edit: If you really want to do this, then I'd suggest having prizes such as small banner images that people can stick on their websites and point back to Electro-Tech. You could organize something like the Juno awards but for Electro-Tech or maybe the Electro-Oscars. Or maybe as Hank suggested, best contribution?

Last edited:
Just for the record, I have no affection for being referred to as "Hanky," or other variations thereof. Just "Hank" is fine, some people even call me sir.

We can just have a competition and see who comes up with the best idea. No award, just self satisfaction and other people's idea.

Picbits, I'll bet I have you beat for workspace density. Send a few photos.

Well guys for a cramed workspace how about my shed, 12x11 metres with no walking room, 8 workbench's,2 lathes, 2 mills, 6 grinders (1 of them a surface grinder). Then theres a woodworkshop cramed in a corner, electronics in another corner and in the middle a huge bench and 7 industrial sewing machines for leatherwork. Yet my missus wont let me build another shed. And to top it all of I run the whole she-bang off the grid on a 3kw inverter and power it from solar/wind gennies.

And who said a man can't have his toys :D :D :D

Cheers Bryan:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back