Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What Can I Do with My Old Scope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBrock

What are some easy things I can do with my old 20MHz 2-channel CRT scope? I can display a swept triangle wave, but maybe you have better ideas.

I saw a circuit for making an analog clock display, THAT was cool!

Any way to interface it my PC to display cyptic symbols or messages?

-Brock

You can use it to repair circuits operating below 20 MHz.

Give it to me. :D

You could add a simple circuit to use it as a out of it.

Last edited:
What are some easy things I can do with my old 20MHz 2-channel CRT scope? I can display a swept triangle wave, but maybe you have better ideas.

I saw a circuit for making an analog clock display, THAT was cool!

Any way to interface it my PC to display cyptic symbols or messages?

-Brock
Though said 20MHz, it would almost work to 30MHz , but with lesser accuracy perhaps. most Micro-controller circuit analysis and general electronic tracing except VHF /UHF etc., can be done with the same. Old is a psychological term. Until the cathode looses its capacity and the illumination and focusing become problematic, nothing may be called old(aged). Many a time Meg ohm resistors used in scopes give way and if you replace them and few electrolytic caps, the scope returns back to its near original state, I believe.

Thanks everybody for the comments.
Lefty, that Sparkfun kit is what I saw and I really like it. I am putting it on my wish-list!

Carlsbad has my favorite beach, it is by the smoke stack, smooth break low seaweed, no rocks, would you not rather be surfing? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back