Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What chips 2 Get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marks256 said:
i am bidding on something pretty neat right now. I am not going to link to it for fear of brining attention to it, and the price raising, so i will show you guys when bidding is done (dirty pool, i know, but it is survival of the fittest! :D)

edit: but yes, i will probably get resistors on ebay.
You'll probably go crazy over these:
**broken link removed**

:eek: :eek: :eek:

If i had the money i would bid! Ugh...

i really need some uarts and i/o controllers...

Small audio amp chips. You can often find them on old motherboards if you do not mind playing with SMD.

For uC add a RTC (real time clock) and some form of temperature monitoring ICs. Look into 1 wire devices esp if you are going to use a few. I2C if less. Digital pots.

Maybe others can suggest actual chip numbers.

3v0 said:
Is the bidding over ?

No, not yet. As of right now there are 18 hours and 11 minutes left. ;)

ok. bidding is over. i won...

probably not very interesting to some, but i like it.

**broken link removed**

OOH! NICE BUY!

Thanks for all the suggestions, I have a good image of what 2 get now :)

neon said:
the answer is obvious NONE buy as you need what is new today is old junk tomorrow,

To some degree this is true. But it is a royal pain to spend $5 or more on shipping each time you want to build anything. |

There are some general purpose parts that it makes sense to have on hand. Resistors are a good clear cut example. On the other end of the scale are expensive special purpose chips that can be used for only 1 thing. Maybe MP3 player chips or that sort of thing.

It makes sense to have a selection op-amps and uC's on hand because they are very general purpose. Bypass caps by the 100s are useful.

Traditionally memory has been an item not to stock up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back