Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wifi for pic32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makaram

Hey guys,
Rather than using cc3000, or similar products, what alternative is there for integrating internet connectivity into you embedded application?
I know Microchip has a tcp/ip stack in their application library, can I simply use this in conjunction with a 2.4Ghz receiver to connect? what does a module like the cc3000 actually do?
Thanks for any clarification.

Regards
Matt

You could use a WiFly I'm evaluating an RN-VX module at present. Briefly this is a Zigbee form-factor board that has a serial I/O interface and a 2.4GHz wifi block built in. You send it ASCII commands to do things like scan for networks, connect to a given SSID and send data.
In its simplest form it connects to a wifi network and then you open a port on the device and send/receive text and commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back