Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Winbond WTS-701 TTS Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Sorensen

Has anyone any experience with Winbond's WTS-701 Text to speech chip? My problem (well, it's not really a problem, per se) is that the speaker and analog outputs are not able to be powered up/powered down as described in the datasheet. They're on all the time. I am able to write to the control registers, and read back the correct (just written) value, but it doesn't seem to affect the outputs' performance. Writing to the volume register affects both the speaker's output and the analog output output simultaneously, whereas I would think that should only affect the speaker...

j.

The WTS-701 has a speaker output and an analog output. In the control register there are bits that are supposed to power up/down either individually. I probably should have called it the aux output. Sorry for the confusion.

j.

In case anyone cares, the chip has to be in IDLE mode to power down the aux output. I think the speaker powers itself up whenever converting. Not sure about that. But I was able to power down the aux output. Apparently, the aux out level tracks with the volume.

j.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back