Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wire Bonding for chip study

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoorvmintri

Hey,

Recently I joined a research center and for studying chips I had to wire bond it to a PCB. I managed to do it with a manual ball bonding machine. When I say manual, it seriously cant do anything by itself - EFO, force application, time, power everything was manual.

I have attached some photos of a test piece I made, just to get used to this machine. Before making the actual one I was wondering if there are other options and which ball bonding machine (company, model etc) would be suitable for this and flip chipping?

Apoorv

Attachments

• image29.jpg
    image29.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 881
  • image30.jpg
    image30.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 429
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips