Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless dtmf generator/decoder

Status
Not open for further replies.

msovais

im planing to build dtmf generator and decoder..i want the tones from generator to be transfered via wireless (rf)..towards decoder...wat module should i use as the tones are analog signals....

Grab a baby monitor and put your DTMF tones in where the mic attached (watch the amplitude). Wire the speaker output to the decoder.

Save you money and problems with the FCC that way.

i think u guys didnt got the point...i wanna transfer the tones through wireless instead of using headset or mic..

msovais said:
i think u guys didnt got the point...i wanna transfer the tones through wireless instead of using headset or mic..

What do you think a phone or a baby monitor does? The signal from a microphone is an analog signal, the suggestion was to REMOVE the mic and feed in your signal instead, with whatever scaling/conditioning is required.

If you really want to build a radio transmitter and receiver from scratch, then feel free, we're just suggesting easy ways that you may be able to do it using existing, very cheap devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back