Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wireless trigger help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NigelNowhere

Hi, I am looking for help with a project. I want to create a wireless trigger with a momentary switch, as quickly as possible. Say for example I have a foot switch, and wanted that foot switch to turn on a light for as long as the footswitch is pressed. I have considered using an RC transmitter and receiver, in conjunction with https://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/battleswitch to accomplish this. Problem being I have not found a transmitter small enough to say, cram in to a foot switch. I am wondering if this would be the most efficient way. Could I use a transistor instead? My voltage will be a maximum of 12volts and my amperage will most likely not be higher than 2amps. I have seen a few wireless key fob transmitters with receiver boards on ebay, and have considered that as an option too. But my concern is that I want something that can stay on for the duration of the footswitch being pressed and, I am assuming that that would be a burst broadcast rather than a constant signal. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back