wiring a alpha 10 k pot up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

gringo 8217

hi
guys wonder if anybody could help with a guide on wiring up the above pot as i know you can damage these if mistakes are made i have a rough idea but not 100 %
the pin layout is as follows left pins are 2 & 1 on the left handside and the pins on the right hand side are 2 & 3 many thanks
gringo

It would help greatly if we knew what you are trying to wire it into.

to replicate a piece of test equipment at college that we just plug into to control and set various inputs etc and connect via leads with jack plugs housed on the top simple piece of kit really just need the wiring pin outs , tried a few data sheets but to no avail at min hope you can help cheers !

Normally pin 1 is one end of the resistance element, pin 2 is the wiper, and pin 3 is the other end of the element.

But it's easy to check with an ohmmeter. The element ends will not change value when the pot shaft is twisted. The wiper pin to either element pin will change resistance when the shaft is twisted.

thank you ! that has confirmed what i thought and some information i have got today , many thanks for your time

gringo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…