24 volt firing system for display fireworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGC

Hi,

I Work for a small display fireworks company in Oklahoma. I am looking to build a new 432 cue firing system to use. One that has the LED light and will be able to check the cotinuity. I have found two different system on this site. I would like to get some help with this, I need a diagram. Both of these systems are useing diodes and resistors I do not under stand were to put them in the system or how to wire the LED light.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I dont really understand your question.. If you just want to check continuity, thats simple enough, but i need more info otherwise..

The panel will have 50 switchs with a LED light above each one, it will also need two keys switches one for on and off the other for test and arm. I do not under stand how to wire the LED lights. Some of the system I have looked at are using diods in the slats is this something that has to be there.

The system I have been using was made in the late 80's or early 90's it is a 12V system and has two rows of switches 25 in each row. It uses two 26 pin cannon plugs with cables one for each row. I run the ground wire from the slat to the battery. I would like to expand this system if possible.

It depends on what you want the LEDs to do. Do you want them to light and stay on once you pressed the buton for it, turing off only when the keyswitch is off (like a "firework launced" indicator)?

When you turn the key to test the light shoud be on to show you have cotinuity and when you turn the key to arm the lights will be on untill you fire the cue.

It is a 'standar' firing system. The LED's indicate that there is a 'live' e-match at the end of the circuit. Once the cue has fired the LED indicates the result (open circuit now). Easy to make a simple system, but if you are a shooter for a pyro company you will need something a *LOT* better with safety features built in. There is another post somewhere here about firing panels.

Basically to test continuity I would imagine that they are just passing a really low current through the igniter and amplifying that to light an LED. (if it even needs to be lit at all.

But really for a professional company your going to have to follow a lot of standards on safety so that you don't get your ass sued for injuring someone while they were arming one.

The only problem with ematch is the ematch is designed not to break the bridge wire but only heat up to ignite the pyrogen head to detonate the fireworks most continuity LED lights will stay on after the fireworks have been ignited unless the wire from the ematch is broken such as a shell exploding. In the case of cake the bridge wire will stay intact and show continuity all the time.

I have yet to see a commercial e-match or ignitor fired and still have an intact heating wire. The e-match detonates, then it is an open circuit. If a shell explodes in the mortar that is a flower pot, besides, the quick match is connected to the e-match not the lift charge it's self. The e-match wires are tied down to prevent the shell from trying to drag the firing system into orbit. Cakes are better fired by removing the fuse and inserting the e-match, again the e-match detonates and becomes an open circuit.

I may of course be wrong here, perhaps a home made e-match with real strong heater wire fired at the right voltage to get hot and not melt maybe..... or things have changed a bit. It has been a while since I have been involved in panel production and shooting.

Last edited:

I would have to disagree with that, I have done numerous test on ematch in the video of a test here http://www.hancefireworks.com/864panelpower.html

you will see that the ematch was hit with several charges and the bridge wire was intact, bridge wire is designed so ematchs can be wired in series to creat multiple ignitions rather that parellel wiring.

ematch however will get ripped off the wire during the detonations when the wire is attache to the mortar.

Hello, hfireworks and I are members of a pyro community that you may or may not have heard about. PyroUniverse has a message board with an entire section devoted to the building and testing of firing systems. You can view all the threads **broken link removed** you have to be a member to post but membership is free. Just be sure to rad the rules. If you have heard of the site or have been there, you should have everything that you need to build a system from old fashioned nail board to 500+ cue wireless systems. Check it out and look for threads started or posted in by joeratman.

Sean

I am a member of PyroUniverse also, I go under the name of Hfireworks there also. The post "I am building a 864 cue system" is mine and have built and I am building 5 more as we speak. I am in the process of building a computer driven system and have done numerous test on firing systems. The link on my signature will take you to the system I have built. I have also used my system to fire 11 commercial public displays since July 07

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…