Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

4017 count 0 to 99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zebo

Can 2 X 4017 be conencted to give counts from 1 to 100. It will be hard wired for the particular count I want so no extra parts if possible. So I only want, say a pulse every 13 pulses of the clock input and for the next project say 78. I need even and uneven counts. Possible? I Googled for hours, but what I found does not give proper information. Can anyone post a circuit? I will sure appreciate it.

Counting 0-99 with two 4017s is easy. Resetting on numbers divisible by 10 (10, 20, 30, ...) is easy without adding gates. Resetting on some arbitrary number like 73 requires external gates.

Can 2 X 4017 be conencted to give counts from 1 to 100. It will be hard wired for the particular count I want so no extra parts if possible. So I only want, say a pulse every 13 pulses of the clock input and for the next project say 78. I need even and uneven counts. Possible? I Googled for hours, but what I found does not give proper information. Can anyone post a circuit? I will sure appreciate it.

hi,
Clip from the datasheet.

Attachments

• AAesp01.gif
    AAesp01.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 331
A rate multiplier/divider should be easier to use if you want a pulse out at various division ratios. That is what they are designed for.

Thanks eric, that worked fine. Now I need an output on pulse 14 and 15 and then re-set. Is that possible or is there a better chip for that?

hi,
If I follow your question, you are wanting to RESET on the 16th count.??? is that correct.?

Yes, it must continuously count 1 to 15. I will use count 14 and 15.

Hi,
This circuit should give what you are asking.

Attachments

• 4017_dual1.gif
    4017_dual1.gif
    33.8 KB · Views: 294
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back