Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 step-direction generator for CNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

student1616

hello all,
iam working on a homemade CNC engraving machine.i already finished one phase of it.but before connecting it to computer i want to check it using 555 timer.
my friend said step and direction for CNC can be generated using 555.i want square pulse generator.

*i am building CNC based on Linistepper plan.so in their site(piclist.com) i found below 555 circuit.so can i use it.if yes which is the step and which is direction.

well i did't find any post regarding this issue in CNCZONE.
if any one tried this before(on this board) pls do help.
thanks

Google '555 astable', this will tell you all you need to know about the stepping.
As for direction, that's just setting the direction pin high or low, it could be done with a 555 but it's a bit 'overkill' just for testing purposes.
From what I have seen of the Linnistepper 555 Timer Kit, it looks like it is just a 555 astable with adjustable frequency and mark space ratio. Hence the two variable resistors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back