Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

555 traffic light question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, thanks alec_t that is exactly what i was looking for. One minor thing, how would I go about changing the values so that the yellow and red doesn't sync up when changing?

never mind, i arranged it as n/s g - y - r and e/w r - y - g, other than that this was definitely what i was looking for. thank you very much, but one small question, what would i alter to change the timing of the lights?

what would i alter to change the timing of the lights?
Change the clock frequency of the 4017. You could use a 555 timer IC as the clock source.

Sorry for the late bump, but I finally got around to building the circuit. The timing was definitely off so I inserted a capacitor on the control pin for the 555 and that balanced it out, but I still seem to have some problems with the sequencing of the first light; it should be green -> yellow -> red -> green whereas it goes green -> red -> yellow -> green any input on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back