Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since most users of video amps have historically been using RGB, that's the most common (and therefore most available and usually cheapest) product.

Here my requirement is video distribution (one composite video has to be distributed to many channel modulators - of course a special requirement), not for driving a CRT.

Does anybody here know what kind of composite video is used in India?

Drivers are commonly made for driving 75 ohm cables, which is probably how you'll be distributing your signal to the various modulators. It is best to use one driver for each cable, in which case you'll use three or more amplifiers.

Drivers are commonly made for driving 75 ohm cables, which is probably how you'll be distributing your signal to the various modulators. It is best to use one driver for each cable, in which case you'll use three or more amplifiers.

I have to feed same video to nine modulators. Is it a must to use 9 separate drivers? (the video source and modulators will be physically close)

It really depends upon the quality you want, and the electromagnetic environment in your rack.

Yes. One is RS components India. But problem is that price is 5 to 15 times the open market price for small quantities less than 10 (including their postage charge). Is the case with Digikey different?
Poor you.

We have RS components here in the UK too. They're aren't the cheapest of places but the postage is free which is the main reason why I like them.

Poor you.

We have RS components here in the UK too. They're aren't the cheapest of places but the postage is free which is the main reason why I like them.

Have you ever compared price of a component from local shop and from RS components?

It really depends upon the quality you want, and the electromagnetic environment in your rack.

Can you please elaborate a little how driving from the same amplifier and electromagnetic environment in the rack may affect the quality of my video signal?

Have you ever compared price of a component from local shop and from RS components?
It depends on what you're buying.

Maplin's is the nearest shop that sell components and they're about the same price as RS and only stock one tenth of the range.

Rapid Electronics are much cheaper than RS but they charge £3.50 for delivery on orders under £35.

It depends on what you're buying.

Maplin's is the nearest shop that sell components and they're about the same price as RS and only stock one tenth of the range.

Rapid Electronics are much cheaper than RS but they charge £3.50 for delivery on orders under £35.

Here it is different. For example I got DS1307 for Rs 35/- from market. RS price is Rs 317/-
ADC 0804 - Rs 60/- in market and Rs 364/- for RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back