an inter active wall mural for children

Status
Not open for further replies.

3dollabillz

the idea is to create a wall mural with a seat that when a child sits in it it will activate a simple cd player that tells stories to the child sitting there the major problem is being able to activate the cd player with no hands on maybe a motion sensor either light or motion like the ones in public restrooms . possible problems getting the player to stay on while the child is seated and having it go off when the child leaves however the possibility of nervousness of children i will need some kind of delay to off set erratic movement to avoid constant on and off of the player just to let u know on my intellect i am an artist with a nominal amount of mech. aptitude but i am not very technical orientated or educated so if you feel interested please be kind and use every day terms thanks to all who respond would be willing to get in direct contact if desired as this is important to me

Last edited:
There are "capacitive" proximity sensor circuits that could use a layer of metal foil taped to the underside of the chair. I've used this as a "start" switch for animated displays.

Ken

other possibilities:
- an off the shelf motion detector
- a touch sensor
- microswitch in the chair

I would suggest if you want to put a sensor in the chair you use wireless to communicate to the DVD control as kids will move stuff around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…