Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

applying nodal analysis on this simple circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi, :)

Almost all the details you will find in the given link below:
https://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9797/nodalysis1.jpg

You will find the expected (or, target answers) in the top right corner.

As you can see my value for V1 is wrong. It should have been 80V according to the answer given in the book. I have checked my equations several times but I found nothing wrong with them. Please help me with it. Many thanks for your help.

Cheers

PG1995,

Here are the equations and the solutions from an equation solver.

Ratch

Attachments

• Node Analysis.pdf
    34 KB · Views: 146
On the line beginning with 'At V2:', you have Ix=4Ix+I2 => 0=5Ix+I2, but you should be subtracting Ix from both sides to yield 0=3Ix+I2. I didn't read any further.

Thanks a lot, Ratch. Could you please tell me which equation solver program you used? It would be kind of you.

Regards
PG

PG1995,

Thanks a lot, Ratch. Could you please tell me which equation solver program you used? It would be kind of you.

Forget it. You don't want to know. It costs big money. However, there are a lot of free equation solvers on the web. When you acquire Maple, you don't just get an application program. You get a weapons system. Maple 15

Ratch

PG1995, you should probably practise your algebra anyway - fix up the error in your working I pointed out & see if you get any closer to the correct answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back