Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automotive 11 to 13.8v step-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any how u must determine this, u at least find only continuous current then i understand what kind of steep up circuit u need.

if u have DC clamp on current meter u can easily determined the current drown. if clamp on is high end type you can also determine the inrush current also. another way if u have only malty meter you can set multimeter knob to 10Amp position and place your meter lead + into 10A hole and series the pump motor connection via multimeter and start the motor.be care full your maximum current measuring limit of your multimeter.

One solution would be to use the existing pump wire to control a relay. Have the relay switch a fused line directly to the battery. If needed provide a dedicated ground wire to the battery too.

3v0

I Agree, This is by far the BEST Solution!

I Agree, This is by far the BEST Solution!

I would say the 'second best' :D - 'best' would be to repair whatever the fault is - but this is certainly the easiest solution, and should provide a perfect cure.

Certainly a LOT easier and more reliable than trying to make a switchmode voltage converter (which would also increase the current draw, and drop the voltage further).

Peugeot - if you are bound and determined to put a step-up regulator in it, the PT6885 voltage step-up module might work for you -
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/02/slts103b.pdf

This device puts out 15V at 4A and works with an input voltage down to 9V. It costs about $40, available from Digikey and others.

I couldn't find a 13V module in this power range, they go straight from 12V to 15V.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back