avamp power questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

71challenger

I have a 5.1 ch av amp rated 100wrms total ,5 channels. This leads me to believe it is about 20wrms per channel with ALL channels operating at max. My question is: if I use the line outs of this amp to feed a separate power amp for three channels, and use the speaker outs for only two channels on the av amp, will the av amp supply 50wrms to each channel or will it still be about 20wrms? Thanks in advance.

This may be the case; however, typically the manufacturers of consumer audio equipment rarely desine their products exactly the same way. It's all going to depend on the specific amplifier, however, I would be surprised if you get the two channels of 50W's unless the amplifier is extremely high end. Do you have a manual? It's probably written in the spec. section of the manual. If not, try to do a web search.

It will still be 20W!, without a load on the other amps it 'might' creep up a tiny bit, but nothing to be noticed!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…