Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Baking A PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha yeah, well, I turned it on again, and I guess the problem was with the TSOP legs, because it sparked, caught fire, burnt white-hot, and scorched a few pads. I removed the TSOP and cleaned up the pads, but now it flashes red and orange (trace broken somewhere). I could have sworn the pads only connected the VIAs to the legs of the TSOP but I guess something else is wrong. Im just going to keep the board for parts, mainly the RAM. Thanks anyways!

Why not use a small paint stripper gun? they can get up to 900 Degrees and can target specific areas.

**broken link removed**
They can easily get up to 900F and up.

I'm using this to do the job...

hotair-rework-jpg.14997

Regards

Attachments

• Hotair Rework.jpg
    Hotair Rework.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.