Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

beginner-ish: FM transmitter/amp idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_stix

Hey all

I kinda want to get into making a proper-ish electronic device.

Im interested in making a FM transmitter, short distance, but relatively powerful with as little extra noise as possible.

I was wondering if there were any easy to follow circuits/schematics around in which to build such a transmitter. and ideally on a stripboard as i dont have access to ferric chloride or etchant equipment!
if anyone could help it would be appreciated. and be nice, im new!

duke_stix said:
Hey all

I kinda want to get into making a proper-ish electronic device.

Im interested in making a FM transmitter, short distance, but relatively powerful with as little extra noise as possible.

I was wondering if there were any easy to follow circuits/schematics around in which to build such a transmitter. and ideally on a stripboard as i dont have access to ferric chloride or etchant equipment!
if anyone could help it would be appreciated. and be nice, im new!
search this forum . u could find a lot of links .

As suggested, lots of ideas already posted on this forum. Most recent that I liked directed readers to Silicon Chip magazine and a circuit that used a BH1417F IC. There are simpler circuits but I'd be worried about drift, lack of control over deviation - the kind of things that will profoundly affect quality. Power isn't the only issue.

Note that at FM broadcast frequencies, circuit construction methods have to be such that lead lengths are limited. That still leaves you a lot of choices but eliminates things like breadboards and similar things that have long circuit paths.

I'd recommend that you understand the regulations that apply to your country and your situation - and stay within those regulations.

I made my FM transmitter on stripboard and it is frequency-stable and sounds excellent. Its signal also travels more than 2km to a good radio if there is nothing blocking it:

Attachments

• fm_transmitter_mod4_pic_schem_824.gif
    fm_transmitter_mod4_pic_schem_824.gif
    115.8 KB · Views: 428
Wow, way killer audioguru! What adjustments would I need to make to use a guitar's signal instead of an onboard mic? Also, what frequencies does this thing do?

And more importantly, does anyone have a good AM transmitter schematic that is this easy (or easier hehe).

joecool85 said:
What adjustments would I need to make to use a guitar's signal instead of an onboard mic?
Remove R1 and connect the guitar's pickup to a volume control at the circuit's input.

Also, what frequencies does this thing do?
Mine tuned from a little below the FM broadcast band (maybe down to 86MHz) to about 104MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back