Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best Audio Chip For.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a suggestion for a chip that provides essentially the same function that will work with 15V supply that does not have as high a danger to hearing and equipment?
Headphones jacks on amplifiers feed each ear through 220 ohm resistors to limit the power. The headphones have small lightweight moving parts so they don't need damping from a very low impedance from the direct output of an amplifier like speakers need.

Headphones jacks on amplifiers feed each ear through 220 ohm resistors to limit the power. The headphones have small lightweight moving parts so they don't need damping from a very low impedance from the direct output of an amplifier like speakers need.

Ok, let me try to explain this better: I have an audio signal coming in and I want to pass it right back out at the same volume, as well as send it to front panel mounted headphone jack that has a volume control.

What would be your suggested approach if these amps are a little overkill?

Last edited:
OK, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. I must have been delirious. The battery voltage went low and that's why I didn't have noise. I got plenty of drive when I changed the batteries. I need about a 100K pot somewhere for this thing to work right. If I back down the gain I loose info. I probably should have buffered the LO. Hard to make AGC stick with battery power dropping. Guess I would need to regulate it. So the 386 is probably OK but needs better acoustic box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back