Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Best Practices for Installing a Crawl Space Vapor Barrier

Hello everyone,

I’m in the process of installing a vapor barrier in my crawl space and have a few questions. Should I opt for a thicker barrier or is a thinner one sufficient?

I’m also wondering if I need to seal the seams with tape or adhesive, and whether I should cover the entire ground area or just specific sections.

Additionally, is it necessary to extend the barrier up the walls, and if so, by how much?

Any tips on installation to ensure effectiveness would be greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone,

I’m in the process of installing a vapor barrier in my crawl space and have a few questions. Should I opt for a thicker barrier or is a thinner one sufficient?

I’m also wondering if I need to seal the seams with tape or adhesive, and whether I should cover the entire ground area or just specific sections.

Additionally, is it necessary to extend the barrier up the walls, and if so, by how much?

Any tips on installation to ensure effectiveness would be greatly appreciated on crawl space vapor barrier.
thanks in advance for any help

That's down to your local building regulations / codes. Also check if you need gastight or semipermeable.

Please respond to your existing questions rather than leaving people without a response.
(And stop duplicating question before anyone has even had chance to read them!)

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back