Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bipolar bench power supply circuit and pcb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necessaryevil

Hello,

I have for toroidials here, 12v/12,5A each and I want to make a bench power supply. There are a lot of circuits on the net, but I haven't found one which suits my needs:

- two outputs: used individual or as a symmetric supply (for example +30/0/-30 volt)
-adjustable current limiting
-adjustable voltage, down to 0

I'm looking for a circuit + pcb-layout

Anyone any suggestions? Thank you!

Last edited:
I'm thinking because you said bipolar you want a linear supply. If you use 2 of the 4 transformers for each supply you probably will be limited to +/- 20 volts or so. If you want to utilize the full 12.5 amps you will burn a lot of power as heat at the lower voltage settings. Maybe two settings +/- 10 and +/- 20 volts (one or 2 transformers) to reduce the power in the output transistors????
There is a linear supply posted here by bounty hunter that you could search. I have one I have designed but not built, but I am away from home for a few weeks.

This Power Supply can do what you want, But you need to Build Two of them.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Is it also possible to connect 2 supplies in series when I use a voltage doubling rectifier with some optional diodes?
(The positive supply will be fed with the voltage arround c1 and the negative supply with the voltage arround c2)

posneg-png.32813

I know it's a bit dirty (half way rectification) but it's for short expiriments only.

-I've allready tought about switching the ac input. Won't I get any problems with induction voltage?
-I want to use this circuit: http://users.telenet.be/Fonzie/labvoeding/labo.htm It's in dutch, but it's about the pictures.
-Yes, I want a lineair supply. By bipolair I mean a supply with a +, 0 and a -. Is "bipolair" the right word for such a power supply? (As you may have noticed english is not my native languange)

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back