Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Burglar Alarm System Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

johno

I am trying to find a pulse stretcher circuit that will enable the use of barrel type alarm system vibration semsors to operate the zone input of an alarm panel.

The circuit should have adjustable sensistivity for the sensor and operate a relay for a second or so.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi,
How about configuring a 555 as a "one-shot" and outputting it to a transistor to drive your relay? Or a logic level MOSFET or SCR instead of a relay? Whats a "barrel type" alarm??

Thanks for the reply,

A barrel type vibration/inertia sensor is a device with a small gold plated ball sitting on two pins. When the window is hit the ball jumps up and opens the circuit.

The problem is that most alarm system zone inputs can't detect the short interval that the ball jumps.

I have tried a 555 pulse stretcher circuit but you have no sensitivity control, one break activates it, more or less.

There is a circuit posted using a 4081 IC (July 25, 2002) but it's intended to interface into the designers main alarm system panel and i'm not sure how to modify it to suite other alarm panel zone inputs.

Any help would be greatlly appreciated.

Johno.

Russlk said:
Easy for Spuffock to say, I have been trying to program a PIC for weeks now; if I had done it with 555s it would be done by now.

I've always said, and I'll say it again, you need a reasonable knowledge of assembler to use a high level language effectively - your problems stem from having no idea what you're actually doing, because the compiler insulates you from the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back