can you help me fix this power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maor

yea my brother made a power supply and there are two wires cut.
the wires are supposed to go to the pot but my brother sayed the pot is ruined.
i will replace the pot when il find the right one but i have a problem i have no idea when wire goes to the power ouput and what is the input heres a picture that you can see the insides
i can hope you can figure out the circuit
i need to close my comp now so il post towmarow

Attachments

• ????? 023.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 187
  • ????? 024.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 181
  • ????? 025.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 177
Well as your brother made it, he should have the schematic which would make life a lot easier for us to help you.

It seems to me if there were only two wires cut from the pot then wiring in a now pot should be easy. One wire goes the center terminal and the other wire goes to either outside terminal. If the voltage adjusts with the wrong direction of the pot, then the wire on the outside terminal needs to go to the other outside terminal.

well i don't want to thake a risk because my bro has lost all of his metrial don't ask me why and i don't want to risk it because it might backfire and damage the transformer
for the record k7elp60 im aware on how pots are supposed to be connected

maor said:
well i don't want to thake a risk because my bro has lost all of his metrial don't ask me why and i don't want to risk it because it might backfire and damage the transformer
for the record k7elp60 im aware on how pots are supposed to be connected

If you dont want to risk what the forum members are advising, why are you asking us to advise??

If you dont want to risk a pot, get a range of fixed resistors, say 100K,47K and 10K and so on. Wire each resistor in turn to the two wires, note the output voltage for each resistor. This will give you an idea what the pot has to be for the voltage you want.

well thanks for the help il fix it later.

if you could get a better pic and show a good closeup of the traces and which wires you are talking about i could probably tell you where they go. i can make out some smoothing caps and the rectifier diodes but thats about it. and if you see a black thing bolted to the case with three leggs going into the circuit board see if you can get the number off of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…