CARS Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODALCO

Off topic a bit.
Who has watched the CARS movie, or DVD.

I reckon it is excellent and a must to watch !

We watched it at the movies about half a year ago, and our children got the DVD over Christmas.
It gets played almost every night and I have seen the movie now probably about 10 times.
Each time you pick up something new, which wasn't picked up before
The characters are fantasic, so are their expressions.
Tractor tipping and Frank chasing Mater and Mc Queen !!
Doc, the good oll Hudson Hornet is my favorite character in this movie.
Then of course: Lightning mc Queen, Mater, Flow, Red, Luigi, Guido to name a few.
The powerlines are well built and the streetlights and only traffic light are working. so there is some electrical stuff in it.
Of course it is a PIXAR movie but it is great for young kids, mums and dads and grandparents.

Me and my girlfriend went to see it when it came out and liked it to

We got the DVD for christmas, and yes, the second time though I saw things I missed on the big screen.

I got a kick out of Mack. He's modeled after a Mack Superliner. I've always liked Mack trucks, and the superliner bodystyle is my favorite. Thats whats in my avitar

Cool! Andy
Mack is a very happy truck in that movie and an important role player.
While on this forum, i hear the sound from the cars dvd on the background which my 8 year old daughter is watching at the moment.
Just through the scene beating the train, note the airhorn grow in size, when the train blasts.
I'm not a Mack, I'm a Peterbuild !! great phrase too.

I didn't like the sound of it when it was in production, I just couldn't see it working. However, by all accounts it is actually very good, I must try to watch it sometime . Pixar haven't dissapointed me yet anyhow

Yeah... a great little movie. My grandson brought his disc on a recent visit and we all gathered 'round for the show.

Being a huge fan of the OLD NASCAR racing, I could really relate to much of the story line. I've known "the King" since he began racing in the early 60's, and he's every bit as compassionate and self-deprecating as the character in the movie.

My dad went out to California in the late 30's and worked briefly for Disney before he became afflicted with leukemia and came home to die. I wonder what he would say about today's animation processes?

It's also good to view a movie with a good story line that teaches a moral.

AllVol

P.S. The Hudson Hornet was indeed the car to beat on the circuit in '49, '50 and '51.

Is "The King" Richard Petty? Cause that's who played his voice.
While the movie is plenty cartoonish through most of it there are a handful of close up car shots during racing that were photo realistic. I'm not even a racing fan and I think it's a must own movie. It's serious and fun at the same time and you can tell a lot of artists hearts and soul went into the characters and scenes. Me and my financé had to pause the movie at the end of the truck tipping scene we were both laying so hard we couldn't see.

Yes, Sceadwian, Richard Petty, (1962-1993 in NASCAR) is known as "The King". He holds most of the records in the sport, including most victories (200), 7 championships, (tied with D. Earnhardt), Most consecutive wins (27), etc. He actually drove a car like the one in "CARS"for a couple of seasons. See the attachment.

Regards, AllVol

Last edited:
Especially when Mater sais," That's Frank !" and runs for it, when the sound from the 'bull' combine harvester roars behind the trees,
and
Lightning mc Queen faces the bright lights
and
gets his wheel running too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…