Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Chase LEDs circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

milpitor

Hi all,

My friend asked me how to build chase LEDs circuit. We came up with the "truth table" for outputs, let say 6 LEDs. In my mind, it would be a huge TTL, CMOS, transistors and registors for this circuit. I think if we could program it on EEPROM or something. Any idea?

Last edited:
Sorry, the attachment button won't work when I creat a new post. Here is the file

Attachments

• chase LEDs.pdf
    13.2 KB · Views: 285
The hardware for a microcontroller solution is really pretty simple but the you need to be able to program the microcontroller (ouch).

Here's an example of an 8 pin microcontroller driving either 20 multiplexed mono color LEDs or 10 multiplexed Red/Green LEDs.

Attachments

• LED Bar-Dot Prototype.JPG
    LED Bar-Dot Prototype.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 153
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back