Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit for interactive art piece using 555, problems arise

Status
Not open for further replies.

TStryker

Hello, I am an artist trying to incorporate electronics into my artwork. I've previously made THIS. I'm currently working on a circuit with a 555 timer and I'm having some problems. Here's the diagram of the circuit:
**broken link removed**
When I turn on the circuit, the drone of the speaker when the pot is turned to the lowest setting, slowly decreases until inaudible, then one of the LEDs turns off and the speaker and LED only work when the pot is turned halfway up or more. How do I keep this from happening? How do I keep the tonality constant and not have it slowly decrease? I'm trying to create interactive art so consistency of the piece is key. I kinda put together 2 different circuits to make this one so perhaps that is the problem? I've just started educating myself about electronics, so I'm still a beginner. Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
-Trevor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back