Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circuit? for Poor Man's Hi Torque Servo

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlaneNuts

I am electron challenged and I need a simple circuit to control a 12V, 5A
wiper motor that I'm using as a high torque servo.
The motor has hi and low speed circuits and a "park " position.
What I want to happen is this:
S1 (NO) is closed and sends signal to some kind of device(D) that
powers up the wiper motor. When motor cycles, S2 (NC) in series
downstream of D, opens and stops wiper motor at desired location for
30 secs. When S2 closes again, the wiper motor continues rotation back
to "Park" and shuts off. D re-sets for new signal.

I can't use S1 as switch for motor, because, upon motor start, it necessarily moves away from activation force. I located a timer for the 30 second pause.

I need D. What is D called and how do I get one? or make one if it's simple enough?

Thanks for your help,
John

I think that a relay could be used as device(D) and you could get one that will be fine for this from the same breaker yard you got thw wiper motor. Most wiper motors used to have a rotary contact to keep them powered up during the sweep and allow them to turn off at the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back