Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS driving a transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeonG

I have build a pulse generator using a CMOS monostable multivibrator. I am trying to interface with a transistor (2n2222) using an emitter-follower configuration. It produces a very sharp switch-on edge, however the switch-off edge forms a transient like response between 2 pulses. I therefore do note get a sharp pulse. A response by anyone with experience on this will be much appreciated.

P.S. pulse width≈3.5µsec; f≈25kHz; V=6.8V

What kind of load are you driving?

50Ω to ground?

How much capacitance (coax cable)?

Last edited:
I eventually want to drive a MOSFET. I therefore want to translate the pulse to a 18V pulse to switch the MOSFET. It is critical to maintain low power in the application.

Ok, so you have a 0V to 6.8V pulse (CMOS output) that you want amplify to a 0V to 18V to drive into a a very high resistance (gate resistance) and a very high capacitance (gate capacitance of a typical Power NFET)?

We wouldn't be playing twenty questions if you just posted your schematic.

Last edited:
Attached please find a circuit diagram

Attachments

• Circuit Diagram.jpg
    Circuit Diagram.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 505
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back