Cold Cathode Tube help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballpoint

If i take a cold cathode tube (neon tube) and cut the power, cord run it through a circuit then put it back together on the other side would it still work.. that is if my circuit was correct and everything.. i guess im asking if it needs all the power to run or if i can take some away from it and still have it work?

What are you going on about?

If this is related to another thread of yours then it was a bad idea to start a new one. However it's alright if this is a completely different question, you just need to give more detail.

sorta the same.. that other thread had the title of "fluorescent light help" so people were confused when i started talking bout cold cathode tubes so i just made a new thread.. does a cold cathode tube need all 12v to work, or can it run on 11 or even 10? i just dont want the thing to blow up or anything like that

The problem is many people won't make a link between this thread and the other so they won't be able to benifit from the comments made by others in it.

Please re-read the other thread, someone did say that cold cathode lamps require >1kV to start and this isprovided by an inverter if it is run from 12V. I did say that cold cathode tubes aren't best suited to your application.

Why will your 12V drop down to only 10V? Is it overloaded? Then the 12V power supply might catch on fire.

KINDA OFF TOPIC - SORRY

I had an old AT power supply blow on me once...garbage picked it and when I flipped it on it decided to fry my power cord...cool fireworks though . (I figured out later that the switch was wired backwards...oh well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…