Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

D/A and A/D conversion using ECHELON NEURON CHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dejan

Hello!

I am working with ECHELON NEURON CHIP and in my configuration I am using A/D converter TLV2544 made by TEXAS and D/A converter TLV5604 olso made by TEXAS. This two chips are available only in SMD tehnology and I am not satisfied with that fact so I need other alternative - normal chip (DIL). Can anyone tell me which substitute can I use. Substitute chip must have serial interface!

THANK YOU!!

DEJAN

You still need to surface solder an SMD IC to an SMD->DIL adapter board. And if the IC is in a package that allows for socket adapters, the sockets are super expensive (sometimes as high as $80-$200).

Fast processors cannot be used with through-hole ICs. The pins introduce too much parasitics that bog everything down....not sure if your chip is such a chip, sure sounds like it though.

Learn to work with SMD...you'll be glad you did once you get the hang of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back