Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DC-DC converter glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
audioguru said:
bryan1 said:
I wonder if I thru a lithium ion battery down a hole I drilled in a rock I need removing say 3 foot deep then charged the battery to about 6 volts then short it out. If I added some petrol it should make a good show.:twisted: what sort of result would I get?
The Li-Ion battery will catch fire during overcharge, probably while you are pouring petrol on it! Ouch! It might burn your face off. :lol:

Na Audio the idea is drill an 1" dia hole 3' deep then solder wires to each end of the battery insert the battery down the hole right to the bottom then 1/2 fill the hole with petrol or ammonium nitrate. After that's done seal the hole using a 1/2" plug and some quick set cement then charge the battery using my 850 watt genny which has a circuit breaker built in. So when the thing blows the theory is the explosion will go sideways and crack the rock. Don't worry when I do this I'll make sure I have a good fire break and my water cart I use for bushfires. but I might wait untill I get a new digi camera so I can video it. After all this is just a fun thing but if it's usefull and I doubt it it will save me using more potient expolsives.

This my evil side coming out just to make my life on the farm easier :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers Bryan :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back