digicam had heatstroke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justDIY

My trusty old Nikon seems to have experienced heat stroke, being left in the lab during yesterdays record-high temps (I recorded 96F in the lab). the camera is a Nikon Coolpix 5700, purchased in Sept 2003.

the images appear under exposed but at the same time, the highlights are blown out (over exposed). I'm trying the "hard reset" right now, no battery for 24 hrs, but I'm doubtful that it'll help. This problem seems unrelated to the commonly documented "horizontal lines" problem. I'm googling right now, but I haven't come up with anything that matches yet.

does anyone have any suggestions, other than pitch it in the bin?

Attachments

• faded.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 162
  • faded2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 153
Try for the hotpix model next time.....j/k.

Yeah I dunno there is a good chance that it got over heated badly and it threw off the exposure or something.

the heatstroke thing was mainly meant as humor ... 96F is hardly "hot" as far as solid state electronics are concerned.

the camera's AI can tell something's not right with the exposure, as even outdoors, it fires the flash at full power trying to brighten the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…