Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Digital Multimeter Design... HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsea1983

Hi, I have been tasked with designing and building a 3 1/2 Digit DMM.
Although this may sound easy to some, i am completely lost. Can anyone please help?

Kind Regards

Dmm

More info please.
Do you have to design a complete logic circuit from scratch, using descrete logic IC's, or can you bung in a dedicated IC. The main problem here is complexity. Converting an analogue signal to a 0 - 1999 BCD is tricky.

If you are allowed to use a microcontroller take a look at the Mondo Superprobe. I am not suggesting you copy the design but if you can read schematics and the code you can see how all 17 functions are implemented. But it does not include an ohm meter.

Hi, I have been tasked with designing and building a 3 1/2 Digit DMM.
Although this may sound easy to some, i am completely lost. Can anyone please help?

Kind Regards

hi,

Look at this option::)

Attachments

• ICL7106.pdf
    444.8 KB · Views: 1,295
Help

Hi Thanx for the replies guys. The DMM just has to be pretty basic. Amps, Ohms and Volts. On a 3 1/2 digit display. I was thinkin of using the the intersil 7106/7 Either one. But not too sure on the differences etc.

The circuitry does not have to contain a micro controller.

Anymore info and help would be great.

Thanx Guys

Hi Thanx for the replies guys. The DMM just has to be pretty basic. Amps, Ohms and Volts. On a 3 1/2 digit display. I was thinkin of using the the intersil 7106/7 Either one. But not too sure on the differences etc.

The circuitry does not have to contain a micro controller.

Anymore info and help would be great.

Thanx Guys

hi,
The 7106 is LCD display and the 7107 is LED.

Look at the first page of the datasheet I posted.

Dmm

Hi Guys. Could anyone help me out with this link that was left me.
I am having problems trying to replicate the schematic for the kit in ISIS.
I am totally lost.
Could anyone be of assistance?

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back