Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

doubt using transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.
555ic
V1 = 12V
R1 = 10k
R2 = 150K
R3 = 10 Ohms
R4 = 10 Ohms
Q1 = TIP41
Q2 = TIP42
D1 = D2 = 1N4007
C3 = 2200uf
T1 = 13-0-13 transformer...
is there any problem using this volt transformer with these components?

Attachments

• 12V-DC-to-220V-AC.jpg
    12V-DC-to-220V-AC.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 175
Hi,

You should probably draw a circuit so we can see what you are doing.

Welcome to ETO!
Without knowing more transformer details (primary winding resistance, inductance and VA rating) we don't know how big a problem you may have :(.
A poor circuit. D1 and D2 do nothing useful. The current gain of Q1 and Q2 could be as low as 15 (per spec), so you may not get enough base drive from a 555. The transistor saturation voltage is ~1.5V, so both Q1 and Q2 will be wasting a lot of power.

I'm very interesting in making electronic circuits..canu suggest some circuits.nw i'm doing mechatronics first yr. Plz suggest me some gud websites for learning making of robots.

Why do you want this lousy circuit that has square wave output with no voltage regulation and no overload protection? Many modern products rely on the higher peak voltage of a sine wave and do not work from a square wave.

Your circuit reminds me of a circuit I built 20 years ago but I don't see how this can be used on a robot. 12v PS. 555 drives a 2N3055 transistor. Transistor drives a car ignition coils. Variable resistor adjusts frequency for best spark. Spark is used on my model pulse jet engine spark plug to get the engine started. Ignition coil is not a high frequency devise, it stops working above a certain frequency. Replace my ignition coil with your transformer.

If your serious about building a GOOD Robot buy a used Allen Bradley SLC150 with hand held programmer and cables on ebay. It has 16 inputs and 8 outputs. There are 4 versions of the SLC150, 24 volt with solid relay contacts, 24v for elecrtronic sensors, 120 vac with solid contact, 120 vac for electronic sensors. These were popular 25 yrs ago now they are dirt cheap on ebay. The next generator of this unit was even better and they are dirt cheap on ebay too $100 each with the programmer and cables. These are so easy to program, you can make them do anything. Instruction manual is online. GE, Westinghouse and several other companies built programmable controllers.

Last edited:
is there any problem using this volt transformer with these components?

Yes there is. To make that circuit work you would need a 4 - 5 volt AC transformer not the one you have.

Hi,

Yes some countries have a lot of problems with electric that's one reason why they ask so much and it's hard for them to buy something.

For this particular circuit i would suggest using it for low power only. Maybe 10 watts, maybe a little higher.
There more to a good inverter/converter circuit then it might seem at first. There are a lot of things going on that need addressing very specifically to get it to work right, as well as not blow up.

Last edited:
I'm very interesting in making electronic circuits..canu suggest some circuits.nw i'm doing mechatronics first yr. Plz suggest me some gud websites for learning making of robots.

Plz do nt use txt spk here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back