DPDT relay for temp control

Status
Not open for further replies.

eloque

Hi all,
I want a simple design using a d-latch and dpdt relay and vn10k to switch the relay.
The relay must enable the current to the laser diode only when operating temp of the diode is reached. The other relay pole must switch on a led to tell the user that the laser diode is on or can be switched on.

Any design ideas or schematics in mind for this?
thnx

what is output current of Dlatch, what is max current of laser, you may be able to wire them direct.

dpdt temp control

The dlatch output current is 6mA at 5V.The relay is 2-5V operated.The dlatch operating voltage is 2-6V. im thinking about using the schematic attached.But i wonder how i will connect the led to show if the operating temp(voltage) has been reached.

(forgot schematic) depends on temp sensor type,

you should use transistor instead of relay, if you can, relay can cause spikes which may damage laser, but you need also know laser current req'd

schematic

i attached the schematic.i plan to use protection diode for spikes and so on

Attachments

• schematic.pdf
    81.7 KB · Views: 142
well the LED could just go on the output pin, and then you would put the thermometer(temp sensor) on the input of the D-latch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…