Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Circuit Zapper - to zap noisy acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwommack

My & my wife's problem is the extreme noise in stores or malls. Sure I could jerk out wires, topple speakers, or rip the knobs off tuners -- but that would immediately point the finger at me as the culprit.

What I want to build is a small device, hopefully to be carried virtually unseen in the hand. Simply point it at some sensitive electronics, or pass it near & it creates havoc. Zap. Maybe a magnet of some sort -- possibly powered by batterie(s).

Or possibly a non-electronic fix: a piece of pliable goop -- something like chewed bubble gum. Press a small piece over speaker wires. Given a few minutes (not right away) it has a mild acid that eats into the wires. Zap

So I need to do the deed & leave without detection.

Any suggestions from you wonderkinds? :)

I will give you 10/10 for imagination.
What you are describing is pure science fiction.

JimB

Oh no not again.

This is agains the rules because it's illegal.

Besides, I think someone would notice if you plugged a soldering gun into their outlet and started waving it around their sound system.

In my last apartment the neighbors would play their stereo way too loud. It was just on the other side of my wall so I'd hang a degaussing loop on a tack and plug it in. They would get frustrated and turn off the stereo. Sometimes even before my degaussing loop started to overheat.

If you don't like the noise, shop elsewhere. Plenty of stores not as noisy.

Where earplugs, or get an IPod and listen to your own noise.

Do a couple hours of target practice at your local rife range before shopping, just leave your guns at home before hand.

As mentioned vandalism and tampering is illegal, and all though against the forum rules (I think, maybe I'll get around to reading them sometime...), it's really not a good idea put up a bunch of stuff kids might do just for fun.

TheVictim said:
Besides, I think someone would notice if you plugged a soldering gun into their outlet and started waving it around their sound system.

In my last apartment the neighbors would play their stereo way too loud. It was just on the other side of my wall so I'd hang a degaussing loop on a tack and plug it in. They would get frustrated and turn off the stereo. Sometimes even before my degaussing loop started to overheat.

Gypsy music?

Remember vinyl records and tape recorder/players?
A strong AC magnetic field from your degaussing coil would cause loud hum in them.

I don't think rap was invented yet when the records and tapes disappeared.

I don't think a strong magnetic AC field would affect a CD or an MP3 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back